Friday, December 18, 2009

Oakland daycation-My top three favorite picks

2. Peerless Coffee

You couldn't go to Oakland, CA and not make a stop at Peerless Coffee Company. Peerless was started in 1920 by a Yugoslavian immigrant and still run today by his family. They have 125 different varieties of coffee. While there you can see their museum with memorbelia that spans 80 years. Check out the old coffee grinders, very cool. Take home something from the gift shop. They even give you fresh roasted peanuts to snack on.

3 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I love seeing businesses that have a long history, and I think it's really cool that this one has stayed in the family. Next time I'm in Oakland, I'll have to stop in.

Visiting from SITS! Have a great day!

Betty Manousos said...

Visiting from SITS!. Lvely blog you have!
Merry Xmas!!

Betty Manousos said...

Thanks so much for your most kind comments.
A good idea would be to follow each other!!:)
Have a VERY happy Christmas!!!